Air Miles Expiry Policy
An important message from Air Miles.
Effective 1st April 2012, Air Miles will implement two programme changes:
- Three Year Air Miles Expiry Policy
- Fifteen Month Inactive Account Closure Policy
Please take the time to read about the changes and the impact they may have on your account.
Commencing on 1st April 2012, Air Miles will introduce a mileage expiry policy for Air Miles three years or older with the first expiry date being 31st March 2013. A simple way to view this is that we are introducing a “shelf life” for all Air Miles which will be three years. Therefore, we encourage you to enjoy your Air Miles before the end of their “shelf life”; otherwise these Air Miles will be deducted from your account.
The first phase of mileage expiry will be on 31st March 2013 for all Air Miles earned up to 31st March 2010. All subsequent Air Miles will have a shelf life of 36 months.
All Air Miles that are redeemed from your account are done so in the order they were earned, with the oldest earned Air Miles being redeemed first.
There are many ways you can redeem your Air Miles including in-store or online, with rewards starting from as little as 3,000 Air Miles for entry to watch the Dolphins. Visit www.airmilesme.com for a complete list of rewards.
In addition, there will be a number of ways for you to check if you have any Air Miles that will expire:
- View your account at www.airmilesme.com, where you will find your latest up to date statement and the Air Miles due to expire. You will also be able to request these details to be sent to you in an email.
- Your monthly e-statement. Provide you have registered your email address with us, you will receive a monthly statement which provides details on your account activity including any Air Miles that are due to expire
- Contact our customer service centre on 1758 3888, Sunday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm Bahrain time
- Expiry Notifications. To help us keep you updated of any Air Miles due to expire, please ensure your contact details are up to date. You are able to update them by logging on to your account at www.airmilesme.com or by contacting our customer service centre
From 1st April 2012, Air Miles will also introduce an inactive account closure policy. Simply put, this means that accounts with no activity (earning or redeeming Air Miles) in a 15 month period will become inactive and the Air Miles in the account will expire. It is important to keep your account active by collecting Air Miles every time you shop or spend your Air Miles on rewards including flights, vouchers that you can use at Wahoo, Best Western and Al Jazira and at a number of in-store rewards partners including Emax and Damas. For details of where and how you can collect and spend Air Miles, visit www.airmilesme.com
Should you need more information please contact either the Air Miles customer service centre on the number above.
Thank you for your continued support of the Air Miles programme.